This is a replacement custom printed roof for a 4x8m marquee. Ensure the 4x8m frame you have is also from Canopy Outdoor, as our roof is not compatible with other canopy brands.
Printing marquees can take time...
If you have an upcoming event date, please let us know first so we can set up a project plan to ensure your use date can be met.
If no specific date is confirmed with us, then we'd suggest to allow at least 4 weeks for designing artwork, order approval, manufacturing, and delivery. Our turn around times can be much quicker, but it will be determined by the complexity of your artwork and the speed of communication.
We have two primary fabrics to choose from: Polyester and 100% PVC. Both fabric options will fit the frame in their equivalent size. Our roofs are 100% waterproof, 99.9% UV blocking, Fire rated, Waterproof rated and UV rated.
Polyester is ideal for:
- Regular use
- Quick set up and install (top can be left on the frame)
100% PVC is ideal for:
- Semi-permanent use (i.e. using as a temporary carport)
- Long camping trips
- Frequenting areas with high humidity
- Compatible with Circulex frame only
Are there any print limitations to my printed roof?
As far as the artwork goes, there are no design limitations as to what you can include on your design. You can have a one colour print, or a one hundred colour print. You can have text and drawings, you can also have high resolution photos. We will always offer advice as to what we know works and what doesn't!
How can I supply my own artwork?
If you or your designer is putting the design together, contact us and we'll send you the required template. It is important that the following steps are followed:
- The use of vector logos and illustrations wherever possible
- Any photos and rasterised illustrations to be 300 DPI or greater at a 1:10 scale
- Fonts and objects must be outlined, otherwise details can be lost or distorted
- Embed all images or any locally sourced files
- Pantone colour references and brand guidelines supplied where available
I don't have any artwork, can you design something for me?
Around 90% of our orders are designed by our in house graphics team, simply supply your vector logos and asset files, along with your design ideas. If you are after a brand new logo or a complex illustration however, you will need to employ the services of a professional graphic artist.
I need to colour match my marquee, is this possible?
Yes we can colour match by using the Pantone Matching System (PMS). If you do not already have pantone colours selected for your branding, you must select colours through an official Pantone medium (i.e. a Pantone colour book or Pantone calibration tools). Without these, you won't have an accurate representation of colour. Alternatively, we can offer a print sample for a small fee.
Are some colours better than others for shade?
Yes absolutely! Contrary to common belief, it is the darker roof colours (i.e. black and navy) that will provide you with more shade and keep you cooler. This is because they absorb more light, keeping the heat off you. The only downside is that darker colours fade faster than other colours. Lighter colours hold their colour for longer, but they allow more light inside, consequently making it warmer.
How long does it take to make?
If you don't have an artwork design ready to go, artwork alone can take anywhere from a day to a few weeks (depending on your design requirements). Once you are happy with the artwork, production time frames are typically 14-21 days. Delivery times vary depending on your location. If you have a deadline, it is very important that you communicate this to us first as time frames can change.
I need to replace my roof. How do I know what size I need?
It is not uncommon for people to assume they have a 3x3m, when they in fact have a 2.4x2.4m. The best way to check your marquee size is to open up your frame all the way, and measure the longest side of your marquee from leg to leg. The measurements will be very close to either 2.4m, 3m, 4m or 4.5m.
If you are able to source the tax invoice of your original purchase, that will also help you confirm the size. You can always give us a call if you are unsure.
How can I get my roof to last longer?
There are many things you can do to help contribute to the longevity of your roof, here are a few key points:
- Ensure the roof fits your frame correctly and ensure it fits well. If the top is too loose, it will pool water in wet weather and stretch further. The more water it holds, the more pressure it puts on the frame and the greater the risk of damage. If the top is too tight, it also puts pressure on the frame and can cause wear and tear to occur at a much faster rate.
- Use all the Velcro fasteners and the pocket for the centre pole. These help keep the roof in place and ensure your marquee is working optimally.
- Leave the roof on the frame when folding down. The constant removal and install of the roof can actually create friction and speed up the wear and tear process (mainly the roof corners and Velcro straps).
- When packing the roof down, ensure the lower Velcro straps on the valances are undone, as it attaches to a part of the frame that collapses down to the ground.
- Don't use excessive force when installing/removing the Velcro straps.
- Don't drag the roof on the ground
- Use the carry bag when storing and transporting your marquee
- Clean the roof once a year, or a few times a year if using it frequently. The roof cannot be machine washed; simply give it a hose down with warm soapy water and a gentle brush/sponge for any tough stains or marks.
I don't have a Canopy Outdoor frame, but the marquee looks similar to mine. Can I purchase this for my marquee?
No. While these marquees may look similar to other brands, the constructions are different and the roofs will not work with any other brand other than Canopy Outdoor.
Do you make custom size roofs?
Unfortunately no, as there are a lot of precise measurements required and too many differing types of marquee frames out there.
Can I send you my marquee for repairs?
Yes we can offer repair services at our warehouse (pick up/drop off only). Please contact us to arrange estimated costs and a formal inspection.
If you have a marquee roof that is well worn and/or has extensive tears, in most cases it will need to be replaced.