This is a replacement roof for a 4x4m marquee. Ensure the 4x4m frame you have is also from Canopy Outdoor, as our roof is not compatible with other canopy brands.
The polyester roof is the industry standard among all marquee companies. It is the most suited to the application of a marquee because the fabric easy to manage and durable when used as a marquee roof. The roof is a woven material, but features a polyurethane coating (think, rain coat like material) on the back that ensure it is 100% waterproof.
Further to the waterproofness of the fabric, our roofs have been tested by the government agency ARPANSA and are rated at the highest UV rating, UPF50+. This means they block out 99.9% of all UVA and UVB rays, meaning no one will get sunburnt under our canopies.
If you are looking for a marquee roof that is more suited to semi-permanent use, we recommend that you consider our PVC roofs as your roof choice. Overall, the PVC will have a longer life span in direct sunlight (Polyester has about 3000 direct sunlight hours in it before you see any damage from sun), but it is harder and more difficult to use, that is why don't necessarily recommend it to people that just use a marquee every now and then. For PVC pricing, please contact us on 1300 94 69 92, or send us an email.
Are some colours better than others for shade?
Yes absolutely! Contrary to common belief, it is the darker roof colours (i.e. black and navy) that will provide you with more shade and keep you cooler. This is because they absorb more light, keeping the heat off you. The only downside is that darker colours fade faster than other colours. Lighter colours hold their colour for longer, but they allow more light inside, consequently making it warmer.
I need to replace my roof. How do I know what size I need?
It is not uncommon for people to assume they have a 3x3m, when they in fact have a 4x4m. The best way to check your marquee size is to open up your frame all the way, and measure the longest side of your marquee from leg to leg. The measurements will be very close to either 2.4m, 3m, 4m or 4.5m.
If you are able to source the tax invoice of your original purchase, that will also help you confirm the size. You can always give us a call if you are unsure.
How can I get my roof to last longer?
There are many things you can do to help contribute to the longevity of your roof, here are a few key points:
- Ensure the roof fits your frame correctly and ensure it fits well. If the top is too loose, it will pool water in wet weather and stretch further. The more water it holds, the more pressure it puts on the frame and the greater the risk of damage. If the top is too tight, it also puts pressure on the frame and can cause wear and tear to occur at a much faster rate.
- Use all the Velcro fasteners and the pocket for the centre pole. These help keep the roof in place and ensure your marquee is working optimally.
- Leave the roof on the frame when folding down. The constant removal and install of the roof can actually create friction and speed up the wear and tear process (mainly the roof corners and Velcro straps).
- When packing the roof down, ensure the lower Velcro straps on the valances are undone, as it attaches to a part of the frame that collapses down to the ground.
- Don't use excessive force when installing/removing the Velcro straps.
- Don't drag the roof on the ground
- Use the carry bag when storing and transporting your marquee
- Clean the roof once a year, or a few times a year if using it frequently. The roof cannot be machine washed; simply give it a hose down with warm soapy water and a gentle brush/sponge for any tough stains or marks.
I don't have a Canopy Outdoor frame, but the marquee looks similar to mine. Can I purchase this for my marquee?
No. While these marquees may look similar to other brands, the constructions are different and the roofs will not work with any other brand other than Canopy Outdoor.
Do you make custom size roofs?
Unfortunately no, as there are a lot of precise measurements required and too many differing types of marquee frames out there.
Can I send you my marquee for repairs?
Yes we can offer repair services at our warehouse (pick up/drop off only). Please contact us to arrange estimated costs and a formal inspection.
If you have a marquee roof that is well worn and/or has extensive tears, in most cases it will need to be replaced.